Talentless Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFL Premiers 2010

+4
capnwpac
sparton
wottagunn
Isis_au
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

AFL Premiers 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: AFL Premiers 2010

Post  Isis_au Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:30 pm

wottagunn wrote:
Essendon will be premiers next year. What with them having an AFL legend as their coach and all.
that's a big call!

Hey Cap as a St Kilda fan what do you think of the coach? I've not seen much of him except for the finals and of course I only saw what they choose to show on tv but he didn't seem like he was very proactive or innovative. He also didn't seem to be communicating much. During the third quarter I just wanted him to head down to the bench and talk to the players one on one as they interchanged or something. It just felt like they needed something fresh or a spark of inspiration and the captain can't do that on his own.

Isis_au
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Kudos : 43

Back to top Go down

Post  tristo8 Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:52 pm

wottagunn wrote:Collingwood were the best team for half of the year. They were never going to lose.

Essendon will be premiers next year. What with them having an AFL legend as their coach and all.

I don't know. Remember Michael Voss and the Lions? It may take a few years to get it right. If Hird was player/coach maybe. He's still fit/young enough

tristo8
Colonel
Colonel

Kudos : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  capnwpac Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:29 am

Isis_au wrote:
wottagunn wrote:
that's a big call!

Hey Cap as a St Kilda fan what do you think of the coach? I've not seen much of him except for the finals and of course I only saw what they choose to show on tv but he didn't seem like he was very proactive or innovative. He also didn't seem to be communicating much. During the third quarter I just wanted him to head down to the bench and talk to the players one on one as they interchanged or something. It just felt like they needed something fresh or a spark of inspiration and the captain can't do that on his own.
I like him. He is honest and brutal. If St Kilda play bad he doesn't just tell the players, he tells everyone. "we weren't as good, the better team won" that sort of thing.

He would be a royal prick to play under I reckon. Seems like the sort of guy that never gives you a compliment.

Polar opposite to someone like knights who only talked about what essendon was doing well. Great that essendon have a new coach. Also, I think gunn was being sarcastic. Essendon need to get a few new players in before they look at finals.

The better team won, St Kilda were atrocious in front of goal. Couldn't kick anything. 1/8 at halftime? that is a joke.
Oh well, we have next year still. We now have the best midfield in the league with gablett gone from cats. Just gotta get some better forwards, maybe sub out kozy once in a while. Accuracy is something that st kilda should focus on very hard over the next pre season. We are never going to have as many shots as other teams because we are defensive, but for fucks sake, when you take a shot it better fucken go in.

Goddard was best on ground, pendlebury did nothing. If it had to be collingwood then there were better options. Daisy, wellingham (he got 2 goals and heaps of touches) even swan.

That's all I got to say about the game and the team.

capnwpac
Commander
Commander

Kudos : 62

https://talentless.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wottagunn Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:43 am

Yeah guys I was being sarcastic. Essendon will be in the top eight next year I think, but not much else. Hird is just a champion and it's good to have him in charge.
wottagunn
wottagunn
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Kudos : 55

Back to top Go down

Post  Isis_au Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:29 am

wottagunn wrote:Yeah guys I was being sarcastic.
Totally picked up on that.

Embarassed

Isis_au
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Kudos : 43

Back to top Go down

Post  sparton Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:18 pm

Isis_au wrote:
wottagunn wrote:Yeah guys I was being sarcastic.
Totally picked up on that.

Embarassed
Internet sarcasm FTW!
sparton
sparton
Colonel
Colonel

Kudos : 33

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content