Talentless Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NF = crap

+5
MARSTA-J
capnwpac
towelie777-2
mrcrowley24
lj
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NF = crap Empty NF = crap

Post  lj Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:55 am

hey crowley how about some tips for attacking in NF!

I've been trying NF out lately and i can do the whole dancing like a ballerina and surviiving but i find it difficult to attack anyone, i think my problem is coming from Pro flight i like to come down on top of players but with normal flight the stupid warhawk can't fly down properly, It feels the warhawk is so restricted in what it can do, got any tips? (ps i suck at backward locks, my camera keeps changing angles on me, how do i correct this?)

lj
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Kudos : 5

Back to top Go down

NF = crap Empty Re: NF = crap

Post  mrcrowley24 Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:21 am

NF is good mate, but like pro, it takes ages to get good at it.

Its hard to explain and its best we do a few prac. sessions. I'm back mid December so we can do it then as time zones are fucked.

Few tips though -

- You have to learn when to hold R2 and L2 at the same time. I find thats the best way to look directly up (or down),especially when going against faggot pro pilots like yourself!lol However, you have to constantly keep an eye on the radar and boost laterally to confuse the enemy pilot. Its a combination of boosting, spinning and then looking up or down to get a good view of the pro pilot.

- Im always rotating the Right joystick so the plane spins (like Alexius and Poker do on youtube) constantly. Just keep doing this as it will become second nature and I just find that when combined with backwards flying, you will be able to lock onto the enemy easier.

-One of the biggest advantages of NF is the backwards lock-on. Start by learning how to fly backwards (hold L2 and R2 at the same time) and rotate both joysticks until you have fluid flying. Once you learn that, then always have your trigger on (with homing missiles). When an enemy plane comes towards you, start to fly vertically (while still flying backwards), with the trigger on and then the lock-on will start happening. Its hard to explain, you just have to fly against some noobs for a while and test it out. But once you start to get the lock on, you have to point the Rt joystick towards the enemy.

-NF is great for breaking lock-ons, flying outnumbered and backwards lock ons. Just keep with it. The good thing is that you are already fast with the lg,so once you get used to flying NF you should be pretty dangerous.

Like I said, Im happy to do some 1v1's so I can explain it better.

bounce
mrcrowley24
mrcrowley24
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Kudos : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  towelie777-2 Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:36 am

OHHHHHHHH lj now has a weakness!!!!
Could be a good time to get back into warhawk!!
towelie777-2
towelie777-2
Corporal
Corporal

Kudos : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  capnwpac Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:55 am

LJ, I'll 1v1 you in NF and smash you like I do in PF.

capnwpac
Commander
Commander

Kudos : 62

https://talentless.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lj Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:59 am

mrcrowley24 wrote:

Its hard to explain and its best we do a few prac. sessions. I'm back mid December so we can do it then as time zones are fucked.

Few tips though -

- You have to learn when to hold R2 and L2 at the same time. I find thats the best way to look directly up (or down),especially when going against faggot pro pilots like yourself!lol However, you have to constantly keep an eye on the radar and boost laterally to confuse the enemy pilot. Its a combination of boosting, spinning and then looking up or down to get a good view of the pro pilot.

- Im always rotating the Right joystick so the plane spins (like Alexius and Poker do on youtube) constantly. Just keep doing this as it will become second nature and I just find that when combined with backwards flying, you will be able to lock onto the enemy easier.

-One of the biggest advantages of NF is the backwards lock-on. Start by learning how to fly backwards (hold L2 and R2 at the same time) and rotate both joysticks until you have fluid flying. Once you learn that, then always have your trigger on (with homing missiles). When an enemy plane comes towards you, start to fly vertically (while still flying backwards), with the trigger on and then the lock-on will start happening. Its hard to explain, you just have to fly against some noobs for a while and test it out. But once you start to get the lock on, you have to point the Rt joystick towards the enemy.

-NF is great for breaking lock-ons, flying outnumbered and backwards lock ons. Just keep with it. The good thing is that you are already fast with the lg,so once you get used to flying NF you should be pretty dangerous.

Like I said, Im happy to do some 1v1's so I can explain it better.

bounce

Thanks mate, some good tips, i know it is hard to explain, i find it hard to explain to people about PF, i've been watching a few of alexius vids and i'll check out pokers, i think i just need to practice the whole flying backwards thing more.

December! sweet, we'll have to have some 1v1's then, i'll switch to pro though (if i remember how to fly pro by then!)

lj
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  lj Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:59 am

capnwpac wrote:LJ, I'll 1v1 you in NF and smash you like I do in PF.

bahaha, bring it on

lj
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  MARSTA-J Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:10 am

Wow. LJ asking for TIP$ ...
NF owns...

And because Im to lazy to learn PRO...
MARSTA-J
MARSTA-J
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Kudos : 25
Location : Tbagging you with a dropship, while holding a jeep and Pink Chernovan...

Back to top Go down

Post  lj Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:12 am

marsta you should give pro a go, it is real fun, i hated it at first but once you get the hang of it it's the best flight! - i know how you feeling though, everytime i start to get owned in normal i switch to pro half through the round to get revenge on the people who killed me, i got to learn to stick with normal even when getting owned

lj
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  MARSTA-J Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:37 am

lj wrote: i know how you feeling though, everytime i start to get owned in normal i switch to pro half through the round to get revenge on the people who killed me,

Lol, I feel and do the exact same thing, but with the opposite mode...

I jam Pro every now and then, but once it becomes outnumbered, back to normal...
MARSTA-J
MARSTA-J
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Location : Tbagging you with a dropship, while holding a jeep and Pink Chernovan...

Back to top Go down

Post  mrcrowley24 Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:39 am

Sweet, look forward to it Lj.

Stick with it mate, especially in games where the opposition is fairly easy. I eventually want to learn pro, but I still have to master some things in NF. I think to be a great pilot you should learn both. Ive been getting some lessons of Crazytrini and man he is so good, he can switch between both modes and destroy me!lol. Depending on your enemy pilot, it would be great to switch between the two modes and use its advantages.
mrcrowley24
mrcrowley24
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Gr8tiger Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:02 am

mrcrowley24 wrote:

bounce

NF is great fun but i disagree with this. Once you learn how to backwards lock it's really easy to find out other things and it doesn't take long to learn how to get backwards locks.

To look up and down really fast in normal when you are looping just cancel the loop when your plane is either pointing up or down. The camera will quickly slide up.

Normal was great when you felt like a bit of a change and for a fun mess around but i find pro much easier to dogfight outnumbered in and kill quickly.

Gr8tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Kudos : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  mrcrowley24 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:56 am

Everyone is different tiger, if you learnt quickly then thats great. I think since you and Lj have been playing warhawk a long time hopefully is wouldn't take too long to get good at.

Having said that, its one thing to learn how to do things like backwards lock on and another thing to get good at it. Especially when going against other good pro pilots who know what your trying to do and do their little tricks to confuse you and other NF pilots who are trying to do the same thing against you.
mrcrowley24
mrcrowley24
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Gr8tiger Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:18 am

mrcrowley24 wrote:

Everyone is different tiger, if you learnt quickly then thats great. I think since you and Lj have been playing warhawk a long time hopefully is wouldn't take too long to get good at.

Having said that, its one thing to learn how to do things like backwards lock on and another thing to get good at it. Especially when going against other good pro pilots who know what your trying to do and do their little tricks to confuse you and other NF pilots who are trying to do the same thing against you.

Like you said everyone is different. However getting good at backwards lock-ons take little next to no time. It isn't hard. Once you can do it you don't forget, like riding a bike. Join in a Japanese 1v1 server, sometimes you get low ranks who are very good at getting them.

When ever i play warhawk now i can't do what i did in pro flight anywhere near as well as what i could back in 09 but when i switch to normal it's as if i never stopped playing. In the april tourney i decided to fly normal most of the time. It wasn't difficult to beat other normal pilots who had been doing backward lock-ons for ages.

Lj, try powersliding more like jet does in normal flight. It's much more effective.

Gr8tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  mrcrowley24 Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:33 am

You should get back into it tiger. I've been having some good games lately, against good pilots as well. We should do another 1v1 when I get back. Im sure you will smash me again, but I think I have improved.

Powersliding is one of the area's that I need improving in as well!
mrcrowley24
mrcrowley24
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  sparton Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:08 pm

I love power sliding. nuff said
sparton
sparton
Colonel
Colonel

Kudos : 33

Back to top Go down

Post  Gr8tiger Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:55 pm

mrcrowley24 wrote:
You should get back into it tiger. I've been having some good games lately, against good pilots as well. We should do another 1v1 when I get back. Im sure you will smash me again, but I think I have improved.

Powersliding is one of the area's that I need improving in as well!

Yeah no worries, i haven't played warhawk in a while so it should be fun!

You'll do fine, you're good in the air!

You should try powersliding, works really well. Jet thrashes me everytime with it haha!

Gr8tiger
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  lj Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:22 am

Yeah tiger i am using power slide heaps, coming from pro i always use airbrake/slide in the in the air, i find trying to switch my style to a normal pilot is hard, the tricks i use in pro are totally different, just finding hard to adapt, im not getting owned in the air but finding it difficult to bring down any pilots with a bit of talent. i think once i master backward locks then normal will be a breeze

lj
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  MARSTA-J Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:14 am

You friggen' stealth LG's LJ, got me a couple of times lastnight...
Note to keep... Always get/mine-up stealth when LJ is on the other team Smile...
MARSTA-J
MARSTA-J
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post  lj Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:48 am

MARSTA-J wrote:You friggen' stealth LG's LJ, got me a couple of times lastnight...
Note to keep... Always get/mine-up stealth when LJ is on the other team Smile...

haha, all is fair in love and war Smile

ps stop putting your air mines in clouds, i always hit them Sad

lj
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  lj Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:27 am

MARSTA-J wrote:You friggen' stealth LG's LJ, got me a couple of times lastnight...

oh marsta, from the other night, nice stealthing by the way Wink

First game:
Sealth:
MJ: 10 pickups, 15 times used
LJ: 8 pickups, 10 times used

Second game:
MJ: 8 pickups, 12 times used
LJ: 2 pickups, 5 times used

lj
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  MARSTA-J Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:55 pm

Remember, it was always You and Grizzle in the air on your team:P...
My team, even though we had a brig-gen on my team, didnt wanna fly lol, it was just me, or they would fly to the flag and leave the damn plane on yourside Evil or Very Mad
Lastnight was crazy though, we got raped in that urban strike, 5vs3 because ledge was on idle, and its still just me trying to get in the air Sad..

I wish every1 learnt how to fly...
MARSTA-J
MARSTA-J
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post  lj Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:36 pm

haha im only messing with you bro, your a better pilot then me, i hate flying against normal pilots, they just take twice as long to kill and if you get stuck in a 1v1 it takes forever, also 9/10 i die, haha

yeah sorry about urban strike! i didn't notice he was idle till after the game finished, i gave up flying when we got to about 8 flags and jumped in jeep to get some road kills.

lj
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  MARSTA-J Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:41 pm

Smile...

Lately though, ive encoutered the worst enemy... LAG" the last 2 days, ive been lagging like crazy, and my nets not even capped... Went to host a game to see if anythings different, and can only host 4 when I usually can host 12 Sad...

Something is definately wrong, at times, planes would skip from 1 side of the screen to the other, its fustrating i tell ya haha
MARSTA-J
MARSTA-J
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post  lj Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:09 am

MARSTA-J wrote:Smile...

Lately though, ive encoutered the worst enemy... LAG" the last 2 days, ive been lagging like crazy, and my nets not even capped... Went to host a game to see if anythings different, and can only host 4 when I usually can host 12 Sad...

Something is definately wrong, at times, planes would skip from 1 side of the screen to the other, its fustrating i tell ya haha

Agree totally, i have been getting really bad lag in the ctf-lg1, 2 and 3 servers, before it used to be pretty good and not much lag in the servers, my ping hasn't gone up much, im still around 200-230ms but now when im flying around half my health just disappears. Other times im still dodging a missile and hear the warning signs then my health bar drops whilst im still dodging the missile and still hearing the warning signs, it's crap house, i tried hosting a game the other day could only get 8, normally i get 12, something definitely going on!

lj
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  MARSTA-J Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:15 am

I think its something to do with the PSN network,

because when I do a internet test over PSN, at times it would only hit 2mb DL and somethinglow kbs upload, then randomly goes to 10mb+ download / alotmore kbs, then test again and it goes back down to 2mb :O...

Can you test yours and see if its the same with you? Then Ill know if its a local fault or PSN fault...
MARSTA-J
MARSTA-J
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum