Talentless Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want to play halo...

2 posters

Go down

I want to play halo... Empty I want to play halo...

Post  Gasman40 Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:10 am

Since the announcement of Halo 4 i've had an urge to play halo. I don't own an xbox which makes this weird and i've only played it once or twice. I've been looking at the new screens and watching the dev diaries and it looks like so much fun. The environments and atmosphere seem really cool and the gameplay looks really, really polished.

I've never taken much of an interest with big xbox exclusives like gears but halo has always tickled my fancy. It's even got me to the point where i'm thinking about picking up a console to play the HD remakes and 3/4. I haven't got the cash or time now but maybe after the announcement of their new console (hopefully it'll drop the prices) i might pick up one of the new slim models.

Has anyone got an xbox and played them?
Gasman40
Gasman40
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Kudos : 4

Back to top Go down

I want to play halo... Empty Re: I want to play halo...

Post  mrcrowley24 Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:57 pm

Cant say halo tickles my fancy, Gears is more what I would be into.

I dont have an xbox and havent really played one. From what I hear there will probably be another prices drop at E3 so def wait until then. Also, like you said, the next xbox will probably come out next year and the 360 will definetly be cheaper then. Or you could get the next xbox and if its backwards compatible, play the old halo games, and the future ones.

From what I have read, the Halo trilogy is good, ODST is average and Halo:Reach is apparently really good. Halo 4 is being made by a different company who did those first 5 titles so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Now that Mass Effect is on the PS3, there isnt much I would get an xbox for, though they do have good arcade game support and there timed exclusives are annoying.
mrcrowley24
mrcrowley24
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Kudos : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Gasman40 Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:35 am

Yeah i've been looking around and i think if im going to pick one up i'd do it after the price drop or after the new console is out. That is unless i find a cheap second hand one online that i don't have to bid for. To be honest i don't really want to spend more then $200 if i can avoid it.

343 industries look like they'e making a very similar game but it'll be tweaked to their likings. It'll be good to an eye on it and see where they take it.

I wouldn't go buying the next gen xbox as i prefer sony exclusives and i've always enjoyed the playstation more. Contrary to most i enjoy the size and shape of the ps3 controller (however i would make some alterations) and i prefer the overall look of the system.

To be honest i quite like the idea of a new system being announced. While i love my ps3 it's starting to get old and it's showing when the graphics and frame rate are compared to PC's. While i don't want a new console for at least 12 months i'd like to see an announcement with some new next gen titles being showcased. I remember the hype behind the ps3 so im eager to see the hype around this next gen.
Gasman40
Gasman40
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Kudos : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down