Talentless Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First car and CD unit question.

2 posters

Go down

First car and CD unit question. Empty First car and CD unit question.

Post  Gasman40 Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:00 am

Looks like im going to be buying my first car in the coming week so im in a pretty good mood. I have a question for you car buffs though (recall a thread a while back where people were posting their cars and some guys looked like they were in the know), if i were to buy the CD head unit i wanted off ebay from america will all the wiring match up with an Australian car? in other words, will it work?

This is the unit i want to get
[url=http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=CDXGT565UP#additionalImage1"[/url]

I have some back up ones i've seen around the place but if this work i'll be sure to pick it up.
Cheers
Gasman40
Gasman40
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Kudos : 4

Back to top Go down

First car and CD unit question. Empty Re: First car and CD unit question.

Post  MARSTA-J Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

The easiest way, would be to buy 2 attachments from Supercheap / Repco ./ Warehouse etc... It makes it straight plug and play
The warehouse ones have attachments that say Subaru 96-2000 or subaru 1991-96 etc so make sure you buy the right model depending what car you get.

So 1st attachment, you get the sony stereo, then you would get this... (Or REPCO and WAREHOUSE version)
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Aerpro-Wiring-Harness-APP8SP-to-suit-Sony-12-pin-plug.aspx?pid=105593#Description
This attaches to the back of your new stereo...

2: Then you get the other for your car... e.g. if you got a Toyota Very Happy
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Aerpro-Wiring-Harness-APP141-to-suit-most-Toyota-small-2-plug-type.aspx?pid=11550#Description

This plugs into the wiring of you car (Behind you Standard car stereo)
Then you plug both wires into each other and you should be away laughing... or head bumping Smile

Or if you love sorenecks then you can cut the wires and rewire the new stereo, for free:D
MARSTA-J
MARSTA-J
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Kudos : 25
Location : Tbagging you with a dropship, while holding a jeep and Pink Chernovan...

Back to top Go down

Post  Gasman40 Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:00 am

Fucken bravo MJ. Kudos to you!
But cheers for that. I'll have to look into what im going to go with now.
Again, thanks so much!
Gasman40
Gasman40
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Kudos : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down