Talentless Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WINDOWS 7 IS FUCKING SHIT (fuck you vipr) [promise wotta?]

+8
Superstar655
tristo8
capnwpac
Viprdude
toprharley
Isis_au
BUZURK
wottagunn
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WINDOWS 7 IS FUCKING SHIT (fuck you vipr) [promise wotta?] Empty WINDOWS 7 IS FUCKING SHIT (fuck you vipr) [promise wotta?]

Post  wottagunn Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:47 pm

I INSTALLED WINDOWS 7 AND NOW LAPTOP SPEAKERS ARE FUCKED AND THE INTERNET RUNS AT AN INCREDIBLY LOW SPEED.

FUCK THIS SHIT! WORST THING I HAVE EVER DONE

I'm pissed, obviously. Anyone know how I can fix this shit?! Is it possible to go back to Vista?

Last edited by wottagunn on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
wottagunn
wottagunn
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Kudos : 55

Back to top Go down

WINDOWS 7 IS FUCKING SHIT (fuck you vipr) [promise wotta?] Empty Re: WINDOWS 7 IS FUCKING SHIT (fuck you vipr) [promise wotta?]

Post  BUZURK Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Get a imac cheers
lol microsoft sucks balls
BUZURK
BUZURK
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Kudos : 10

Back to top Go down

WINDOWS 7 IS FUCKING SHIT (fuck you vipr) [promise wotta?] Empty Re: WINDOWS 7 IS FUCKING SHIT (fuck you vipr) [promise wotta?]

Post  Isis_au Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:43 pm

I pretty much only know how to turn on the laptop and to press control alt delete when something goes wrong. But I saw yesterday that the bin website has a nerd (their word) section and they had a thread about windows 7. Maybe there is help there or someone on their site could help

http://www.bingaming.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=27a65b62ff0dbfa9e7b19363faeee375

Isis_au
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Kudos : 43

Back to top Go down

Post  toprharley Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:08 pm

gunn, i'm pretty definite that rolling-back to vista is not an option - you can rollback service packs etc but not a full OS upgrade.
obviously, that said, the only way to get back to vista is a clean install.

but, before going to that extreme, are we talking simple driver issues to explain your symptoms? i know this sounds like the biggest generalisation but windows is a pig for driver compatibility and it would be the most common/likely explanation i.e. the shit was fine before W7... now it's shite. pretty sure it's not going to be the core OS, but most likely driver foul-ups.

did you build your system yourself, or get it made by a "non-name" company? if so, you will need to know your components and manufacturers and check their individual support sites for updated driver sets. for example, motherboard chipset drivers are pretty much 60-70% of your hardware with all the build-ins you see now. e.g. ethernet for one is almost definitely on-board, so check the motherboard manufacturer first.

if you bought a "name" like cap just did, then their support site will certainly have updates for your system. don't trust windows to get it right - i used to have all sorts of problems with vista installing discreet ethernet drivers for my system and after every one, i would lose ethernet connectivity and have to roll the driver back and then go to the manufacturer's site for drivers that would work.

all of this is probably obvious, so sorry if i've suggested things you already know, but you've gotta start somewhere.

another approach is to strip your system back to basics i.e. unplug everything that is unpluggable. does this make a difference? then plug ONE thing at a time and try to do some of the things that your are noticing problems with until you find the device that is clogging the works up. once you isolate the problem hardware, google google google that device and "windows 7" as someone else is bound to have already suffered with it.

oh, and if none of this helps..... you're fucked!!!

go buy a mac - they are wonderful!!! WINDOWS 7 IS FUCKING SHIT (fuck you vipr) [promise wotta?] Icon_cheers

WINDOWS 7 IS FUCKING SHIT (fuck you vipr) [promise wotta?] Moz-screenshot
toprharley
toprharley
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Kudos : 39

Back to top Go down

Post  toprharley Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:22 pm

^^^ whoops - laptop!!!

so... makes it easier to pick - look to the manufacturer...
toprharley
toprharley
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Viprdude Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:28 pm

Did you buy it or download it?

Viprdude
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Kudos : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  wottagunn Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:06 pm

Viprdude wrote:Did you buy it or download it?
I got it sent to me for free buy ASUS.
wottagunn
wottagunn
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  toprharley Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:49 pm

Try here:
http://support.asus.com/troubleshooting/troubleshooting.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

do you know your model number? Will be on the product sticker on the bottom.
toprharley
toprharley
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  capnwpac Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:58 am

wottagunn wrote:thanks topr

capnwpac
Commander
Commander

Kudos : 62

https://talentless.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wottagunn Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:13 am

capnwpac wrote:
wottagunn wrote:thanks topr
shut up. I haven't read his post yet.

Topr, I uninstalled the Realtek driver and got one from the ASUS website. Sound works now.
Just gotta fix download speeds now.
wottagunn
wottagunn
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  tristo8 Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:36 am

Isis_au wrote:I pretty much only know how to turn on the laptop and to press control alt delete when something goes wrong. But I saw yesterday that the bin website has a nerd (their word) section and they had a thread about windows 7. Maybe there is help there or someone on their site could help

http://www.bingaming.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=27a65b62ff0dbfa9e7b19363faeee375

yeah that post on the BIN site is pretty misleading. We were just paying out on ppl who held win 7 launch parties Wink that's as clever as it gets there

tristo8
Colonel
Colonel

Kudos : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  capnwpac Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:49 am

Ah the good ol bin wit, always a laugh over at the bin forums

cept too easy to get banned for life

capnwpac
Commander
Commander

Kudos : 62

https://talentless.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Isis_au Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:21 am

@ tristo. Lol. I didn't actually read the thread so pretty bad recommendation from me I suppose. I do think it is hilarious that the 'nerd' section is the most active section on your forum. Now I don't know whether to insult you by calling you a noob, nerd or Oscar. Spoilt for choice Wink

@ cap. You got banned? lmao. Prolly you were too active!

Isis_au
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Kudos : 43

Back to top Go down

Post  Viprdude Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:32 am

get new ethernet/network drivers.

Viprdude
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  wottagunn Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:14 am

Viprdude wrote:get new ethernet/network drivers.
I shouldn't have to do that shit. Vista worked fine, so this should.
wottagunn
wottagunn
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  BUZURK Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:31 am

should of got a mac
BUZURK
BUZURK
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Kudos : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  toprharley Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:58 am

lol! this thread has come full circle.

Wotta, I agree but even though microsoft is a monster it's not always their fault and it's obviously a lot better than it used to be (anyone remember 98 or NT??).

Microsoft will only include drivers that have passed their WHQ compatibility tests. To that end MS tender all the manufacturers to provide compatible drivers to be bundled. Sometimes everyone provides them on time AND they work, sometimes they don't make the cut-off or grade!!

Also, the MS processes to authorise a driver take forever - graphics card drivers are a perfect example. It can take months for the latest drivers to be available as windows updates by which time there had been three new releases from the manufacturer lol.

Personally I never take graphics card driver updates from windows update, and I've started not taking other drivers either - as I said in my earlier post, I got bitten by ethernet driver updates a number of times under vista.
toprharley
toprharley
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  wottagunn Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:34 pm

The next person to mention Mac in this thread will be banned.

Mac's are twice the price of a PC and run half of the programs. Fuck them.
wottagunn
wottagunn
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  toprharley Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:50 pm

I'm going to sing a song...

Old MacDonald had Tourettes, E - I - E - I - FUCK!!!

WINDOWS 7 IS FUCKING SHIT (fuck you vipr) [promise wotta?] Icon_twisted
toprharley
toprharley
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Back to top Go down

Post  Superstar655 Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:05 pm

wottagunn wrote:Mac's are twice the price of a PC and run half of the programs. Fuck them.

I love you.
Superstar655
Superstar655
Sergeant
Sergeant

Kudos : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  Viprdude Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:16 pm

MAC's are junk for those reason wottagunn said.

Maybe that hardware was made before windows 7, and for some reason, some developer of code did not make proper code for the windows 7 software.

I am just throwing out possible scenarios and what I would do if I was in your scenario.

But, to be honest, Vista is shit on a shingle when compared to 7.

Maybe you installed a version for 32-bit instead of 64-bit (or vice versa)?

My current motherboard is seven years old and from ASUS, and I like it a lot, I found newer drivers for the main components of my system on nvidia.com (because my motherboard chips are rooted from nvidia nforce 2 platform) and they actually had newer drivers than ASUS did. (network, audio, etc...)

I don't know what chips are used on your motherboard, find that out, search for them and try to download the newest version.

Viprdude
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  lj Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:50 am

should have got a mac

lj
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Kudos : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  driftpig222 Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:13 am

WINDOWS 7 IS FUCKING SHIT (fuck you vipr) [promise wotta?] 1252499471004

driftpig222
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Kudos : 23

Back to top Go down

WINDOWS 7 IS FUCKING SHIT (fuck you vipr) [promise wotta?] Empty Windows 7 is shit

Post  windowsxpuser3456789 Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:33 am

I recently got caught up on a forum and i was reading about how if i upgraded to windows 7 my old PC would be like new again. After messing around for a few hours trying to find this driver and that driver I soon realized after reading on another site that MSI computers do not support windows 7 project so i couldn't get any 3D graphics driver. Then it became apparent that Project 64 does not support windows 7. I tired to install Direct X well when i run the setup.exe it didn't even place the fucking direct x files in the direct x folder, it just threw them in C:\WINDOWS\system32, not in C:\WINDOWS\system32\DirectX which means it didn't install the fucking program correctly. yeah sure the internet may or not have been fast depending on what it felt like doing. Overall i was annoyed by stupid administrator bullshit even after i turned it off 12 times, windows 7 is the most unstable piece of shit excuse for a wanna operating system, i'm don't really like Vista but atleast Vista is pretty fucking stable. it's amazing how windows 7 manages to take up 30GB of hard disk space for the OS alone and another 40GB for every update if you actaully update it completely, and 10GB for driver so in total win7 takes up 80GB for the OS alone what the fuck kinda shit is that

windowsxpuser3456789
Private
Private

Kudos : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  azza2906 Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:34 am

Install linux with xp... Unbeatable combo

azza2906
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Kudos : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next